The Big Apple, the Bull and the Brooklyn Bridge.

Ah! New York... still the best of times, but to my feet it's turning out to be the worst. The last time Karla was here, we'd always come home with very sore, aching legs from walking for 9-11 hours daily (insert extra weight from shopping bag*s* by the 180-minute mark). Yesterday, my Mom arranged for us to be pampered, and secured us a spot for the 6pm massage w/ mani-pedi ...  my nails are now in a gorgeous shade of OPI's Russian Navy and my limbs & muscles, relaxed as if they're on a marijuana high (note that I've never done nor do cannabis ... things just seem extra legit/extra dope when you compare it to drugs, lol).

When K & I had a Korean-slash-Brooklyn-themed day, the air was musky and there were gazillions of people in the streets. There wasn't an ethnic group, class, age or sexual orientation I could point out as dominant; which leads me to my next thought : being granted access to travel freely between two very distinct countries gave me an almost perfect opportunity to compare one from the other. And well, silly as it sounds, it's the smallest things that really differentiate each - people here have a really weird obsession with small talks! Whether it's waiting in line for the bus, to having your waiter ask "Everything ok?" in regular intervals or simply just passing each other on the street & complaining to each other about the weather ... the possibilities for casual conversation are just endless. youthology

To semi-end my gobbledytalk, let me share some photos from that day :-)


"Love padlocks are a custom by which sweethearts affix padlocks to a fence or similar public fixture to symbolize their love. They are most commonly placed on the railings of bridges."



"Koreaway" on 32nd St. THEY HAVE THE FACE SHOP HERE!!! (I got nail polishes & face masks <3)


My first Red Mango experience. I only get my froyo fix from Pinkberry! The verdict? Pinkberry FTW, hee.
We've been CRAVING for Japchae's & Bulgogi's since forever and a day ago and Miss Korea (restaurant) surely delivered! We ate A LOT A LOT A LOT and still ended up getting billed for only $50ish! Definitely coming back!

The next group of pictures were taken from the time we explored Lower Manhattan ... we didn't take much so I'm just condensing it in with this entry:


View from The World Financial Center where we had breakfast with Karla's Uncle (he works there and DANG IT I WANNA WORK THERE TOO! THE PLACE IS SO BEAUTIFUUUL!). Can you spot Lady Liberty? :P



"Charging Bull, which is sometimes referred to as the Wall Street Bull or the Bowling Green Bull is the symbol of aggressive financial optimism and prosperity; leaning back on its haunches and with its head lowered as if ready to charge. The sculpture is both a popular tourist destination which draws thousands of people a day, as well as "one of the most iconic images of New York" and a "Wall Street icon" symbolizing "Wall Street" and the Financial District."
Lol, to end this, here's something cute and silly we saw at Dean & Deluca, heh. :P

1 comment:

  1. OMG NA-ALALA KO YUNG HITCH NA MOVIE

    hoy nadine ang bastos mo! hahaha

    ReplyDelete