Ten years later, what was known to be as Sweet Valley is now as sour as a freshly squeezed lemon.

If my domain name was an indication of something, it would obviously be that I am a huge Jessica Wakefield wannabee. My obsession for the "younger, more popular twin" started right after I learned how to read - let's safely say 6/7 years. I'm 24 now but once in awhile would still secretly wish that, even for just one more time I could read a new piece, get the latest 411, and know more about my now older childhood bestfriends - characters from SV California.

(Warning spoilers included!)

My initial reaction when I heard about dear ol' Pascal releasing a new book (thanks to Twitter's Trending Topics) was MISS GOLLY GOSH THAT'S INCREDILOUS! But like any other Amazon reviewer, I ate my words. The "story" opens with Elizabeth's POV. We learn of her move to New York City to get away from (ugh, really?!?) sistah' and Wilkins ... who apparently hooked up (as if!!!). As the plot progresses, we also come to know that Jessica, age 27, has now become an idiot given that she can't finish a sentence without interjecting "like" and "so" after every two words. Oh yeah, and remember their brother Steven (who come to think of it, might actually be my first literary crush)? He's turned GAY! Yup, where'd that come from huh?! school girl outfits

In an alternate universe, I will not suck at giving reviews. But we're living in reality. As much as I want to write snarky remarks against Francine, the a/c guy that's currently fixing our unit is making it impossible for me to condense my (semi-) witty thoughts into words. So here: SV Confidential sucks! Boohoo.

And now, a few grainy webcam photos to balance out this relatively dull entry, ehe.
Yey! It's finally warm enough to wear tank tops! 'Scuse the greasy fez, I haven't showered yet!


1 comment:

  1. I've never actually told anyone but I'm a huuuuuge SV fan too, and just like you, it was the very very very first "real" book I read! In second grade, yup I still remember. The first SV book I read was SV Kids called "Jessica Gets Spooked!" Hahaha. And my favorite series are the Sweet Valley Twins^^

    Anyway, reallyyyyyyy????? Wow. Francine Pascal. What happened to the series we knew and loved dearly? I'm not even kidding. Why can't the book stay the same? I mean, in its pure, innocent self. Just cause generations changed doesnt mean the series has to evolve too :( Steven being gay, Jess being a zombie/barbie, Elizabeth being a....wreck? Before, we looked at them as: Steven, a big brother we could turn to, Jess, a fashionable and talented girl, and Elizabeth, the smart, successful one. :( *sigh*

    ReplyDelete