These streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you.

I'm reaaally bad with names. And I mean really! Two weeks ago, Karla and I had the opportunity to meet & hang out with our homeland's Ambassador to the United Nations. He was formally introduced to us by Karla's cousin, Kuya Nonoy (who contacted her a few days prior their arrival so we could make dinner arrangements), but by the end of the night we both ended up calling him "Sir General"... So embarrassing! I mean, really! It's like not knowing/remembering President Obama's name - which, yes I know, is Barack!

They stayed here for a week-long convention but we only met up with them on their last night. The original plan was to eat somewhere nice in Hell's Kitchen. But we had to settle for Macy's Cellar Bar and Grill because while "Sir General" was picking up last minute gifts for his wife & daughters, he requested that we just ate at whatever dining place they had inside the mall. Apparently all he had for that day was a sandwich and seeing that it was already 7:30 pm, he was famished.

Apart from the UN headquarters and Fifth Ave, all they've ever seen was the inside of their hotel room. While eating, SG asked me what my favorite place in the city was. Without batting an eyelash, I said, "Times Square!" So that's were we took them. sensa



It feels really humbling to see 'titled' people act so ordinarily, so low profile. SG had on the biggest-stoned ring I've ever seen on a man's finger & a fancy Rolex watch but when I made him walk 8 avenues on the cold streets of Manhattan, he did so with a charming smile on his face. I just love people like that! It makes me respect them... makes me look-up to them even more. If only I can remember his name... :/

2 comments:

  1. okay so pano napunta si karla dito? :)) big time ah! pa ambassador ambassador pa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. baka nahiya lang magreklamo sayo :)) hahaha

    ReplyDelete