I get a shot right through into a bolt of blue.

How many romantic movies have you watched? What about those that made you wish you were the one living in that story? I think, ideally, most of us aspire, have been inspired and would want to use romantic plots to lead thee perfect life. But when we've watched and memorized too many cheesy lines, we automatically expect our partners to be super sweet and head over heels in love with us. We wait for the singing under the pouring rain, kissing beneath a mistletoe or a Murray Feiss lighting, running after us in a big party, shopping for us in a store we can never ever enter had it not been for them, allowing us to "be in two places at once!", naming a star after us and the most romantic thing : dying together, at old age, in love.

What makes a lasting relationship then? In my opinion, it's not doing everything together or bonding every chance you get -- nobody likes someone who cannot be happy on their own. It isn't about the lust or the erotic-filled romance, either. If there is anything I've learned from observing the many relationships I've seen through my life, it's the decision to remain committed ... to renew your love everyday. More than anything, and I know this sounds so cliche, I believe friendship is crucial. Because when the physical beauty has faded and the sensual drive is already down, there will be nothing left but utmost love that will eventually turn into friendship. Companionship. Selfless, unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment